Shortly About Me
Welcome to my website
I am Masoud Jalali, currently a Ph.D. student in University of California at San Diego working in computational Fluid mechanics Lab (CFD LAB) under supervision of Prof. Sutanu Sarkar. I graduated From University of Tehran in Mechanical Engineering. I also got another BS in Industrial Eng. and an MS in Fluid Mechanics from U of Tehran. The subjects I’m researching in the CFD Lab are about turbulence in stratified flows.
I’m interested in and have a lot of experience in leadership and communication. I’m also interested in products development and innovation.
In the News ...27sept
Iran - US ice-breaking
It's a three-decade first: Presidents of U.S., Iran talk directly, if only by phone. more here in CNN.25sept
APS DFD 2013
The 66th Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society's Division of Fluid Dynamics (DFD) will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, November 24th to 26th, 2013.
► PhD in Mechanical Engineering
University of California,San Diego, 2011-now
GPA: 4/4 Advisor: Professor Sutanu Sarkar
► M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
University of Tehran, 2009-2011
GPA: 4/4 Top Student
► B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
University of Tehran, 2005-2009
GPA: 3.96/4 Rank 1st
► B.S. in Industrial Engineering
University of Tehran, 2006-2010
GPA: 3.78/4 Top Student
- Problem Solving : Thinking outside of the box, finding creative solutions and collaboration.
- Programming : Experienced with different languages as well as parallel computing methods.
- Mechanical Engineering : Fluid Mechanics, Turbulence, Thermodynamics and Heat transfer.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Ranked 1st among 115 BSc undergraduate students of Mech. Eng. U of Tehran.
- National award of Innovation in Iranian National Festival of Movement as head of SAME.
- Ranked 3rd in first and 6th in second round o of Iranian Mechanical Engineering Olympiad.
- Exclusive permission from U of Tehran to educate in two engineering field simultaneously.
- Winner of the F.O.E. (Faculty of Engineering) Award for 3 years in U of Tehran.
Literature and Poetry
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us"; this happens for me every day! I like Literature, Reading and Poetry. I use to read books and Poems in my leisure time, especially about Persian Literature ( and recently English). It is also a pleasure for me to write short stories and poems.
That's one of the biggest sources of my enjoyment ! I like to come up with new ideas, think out of the box and solve problems! I like all aspects of entrepreneurship. Related physiological subjects are also my interest. I would like to have the oppourtunity to gain that experience and find a path to teach them afterwards!
I can not be considered as a professional Photographer. I might have some devices, passion and knowledge, but they certailnly don't give me the level of experience that is required in this field. By the way I enjoy taking photos, crativity and beauty of this art and the ability of recording and sharing moments through that.
Masoud Jalali9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA
+1 858 242 9034